Thursday, August 20, 2009

Adam Lane Fontaine











Adam Lane Fontaine was born at 8:19 a.m. on Sunday July 12, 2009. He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 18 inches long.






































































As is typical of our family, he came in the midst of chaos! The day before he was born, Mark spent the day working on the room we were building for Adam. As luck would have it, we spent the day with no electricity, thanks to the construction. Somehow, somewhere, a wire got crossed and the electrical breaker box started to overload and overheat. It was literally glowing red, and our garage smelled of electrical burn! This was on a Saturday afternoon, so of course there were no available electricians. We ended up spending the night at the Microtel Inn here in Sulphur! I woke Mark around 5:15 a.m. and told him that I thought we needed to go to the hospital. We made it to the hospital at 5:30. I was checked in Early Labor and my OB was called. I was at 5 cm. and was fully effaced. I figured we had plenty of time still... I was put in a room (coincidentally, the same room our Malachi was born in!) and checked again. I was then at 7 cm. My doctor was called again and told to "hurry". When Dr. Grimshaw got there around 7:45, he broke my water and talked to Mark for a few minutes before walking out to take care of something. Just as he walked out, I felt the urgent need to push, and he came running back in. Shortly thereafter, we had our little boy! It was such a wonderful experience, I would do it again! :) Malachi is an amazing big brother. He absolutely adores Adam. And Adam is generally calmer when Chi is around. As soon as Adam hears his brother's voice, he starts looking around for him. It blesses my heart in ways I could have never imagined. I am absolutely loving my life!





































No comments:

Post a Comment